The mission at Flagstaff Academy is to develop students who are equipped to be well-rounded, ethical leaders in the world community with a foundation based on science and technology. Flagstaff Academy's Guiding Principles:
- Provide a preschool through eighth grade Core Knowledge-based education with a hands-on science and technology focus, as well as attention to the arts.
- Foster an environment that challenges students to achieve their academic potential.
- Promote, value, and recognize academic achievement and creativity.
- Respect the individual, classroom, school, community, and world.
Flagstaff Academy - Where Science and Imagination Take Flight!
Academic and School Achievements
Flagstaff Academy is recognized as a leader in rigorous, caring education across the State of Colorado. Our achievements speak for themselves:
- 2022 & 2019 Colorado Trailblazer School to Watch (only charter school in Colorado!)
- Highly Effective Schools Through Libraries designee (1 of only 17 schools in the state since 2016 to receive this recognition)
- Two-time National Association of Special Education Teachers Exceptional Charter School
- Three-time John Irwin School of Excellence Winner (Colorado Department of Education Top 8% of Schools Achievement) Winner
- #1 Middle School in Colorado (2014 Colorado School Grades)
- Multi-year Corden Pharma Regional STEM Fair Winners
- Middle School State Robotics Champions
- “Vex Design” and “Honor by Design” Award Winners
- Top Ten in Colorado in English Language Proficiency Assessment (2014 and 2016)
- #1 in Colorado in English Language Proficiency Assessment (2015)
- High School Readiness: A majority of our alumni take Honors, Advanced Placement, and International Baccalaureate courses, assume leadership roles in high school, and move on to four-year colleges, as well as vocational schools, and military service.
- Flagstaff Academy is a Colorado Health Links Certified Healthy Workplace, the only charter school in Colorado to receive this designation.