100-Mile Club FAQs
Who can participate?
- EVERYONE who registers, including teachers and staff.
Where do we run?
- The Flagstaff 100-Mile Club will meet near the elementary playground and run around the middle school playground and back. In case of inclement weather, we will practice in the gym.
What are the distances of the tracks?
- The Outdoor Track is .22 miles (4 laps = a mile)
- The Gym 22 laps = 1 mile
Do outside activities count towards my 100 miles? /
- Only 100-Mile Club sponsored events count (i.e. before school organized times, Jog-a-thon, other organized events)
Why can’t other running count towards my 100 miles?
- The goal of the 100-Mile club is to provide a safe, fun, and consistent physical activity opportunity. While outside activities are great, it becomes incredibly difficult to track the actual mileage kids are doing.
If my child is in Dragon Flight, can they still attend? Yes, here are the steps:
- You must e-mail Jeanna Peppler, Dragon Flight director, with any days that your child will be participating in 100-Mile Club. STUDENTS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE WITHOUT THAT NOTICE.
- Students will check in with Dragon Flight at the normal time.
- At a.m., a 100-Mile Club coach will come check them out.
- After 100-Mile Club, a coach will sign them back in, and Dragon Flight will release them to class at 8:00 a.m.
What if the weather is bad?
- We will still have 100-Mile Club sessions; they will just be moved indoors.
How are miles tracked?
- Every participant will receive an ID badge with a lanyard to use for the year. The coach will scan the barcode on the ID badge and mileage will be tracked online. We will use trackthemiles.com which is an official partner with 100-Mile Clubs.
How do I sign-up?
How much does it cost to participate?
- The registration fee is $55 per child which includes a $40 registration fee and a $15 activity fee. If this cost would make it difficult for your family to attend, please contact Jeanna Peppler. We want everyone to be able to participate.
What does the registration fee go towards?
- The 100-mile club is a nonprofit organization. $15 of the fee goes to cover any incentives that students earn. The remaining amount helps continue the program now that the Grant is done.
What are the incentives for participating?
Students receive MILEstone incentives along the way to help keep them motivated throughout the year.
- Registration - Challenge Accepted ID card and t-shirt
- 25 miles - t-shirt
- 50 miles - 100 Mile Club water bottle
- 75 miles - 100 Mile Club backpack
- 100 miles - gold medal
- MILEstone at 5, 10, and 15 miles
- MILEstone stickers given at 25, 50, and 75 miles
- At the end of the year there will be an Award ceremony for every participant.